A SUPPLY-DEMAND ANALYSIS. VOLUME I. OF THE MOBILE OIL DRILLING RIG MARKET, 1977 - 1987
This report contains a comprehensive short-to-medium range analysis of the supply and demand factors impacting on the markets for offshore oil drilling rigs and related support vessels. Descriptions of the mobile drilling rig and support vessel markets were prepared in which relevant factors and variables which interact to form the 'market' were identified and evaluated. To provide the data base for such an analysis oil and gas reserves worldwide, together with the development policies of major oil producing nations were identified and discussed. The report includes an analysis of the financial performance of the offshore oil drilling industry and the segment of the industry that operates vessels in support of drilling activities. The report also includes a detailed analysis of the financial performance of some of the major offshore drilling contracting firms and a forecast of mobile drilling rig and support vessel supply and demand for the years 1977, 1982 and 1987.
- See also Volume 2, PB-276 407. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E10, PB-276 405-SET.
BDM Corporation7915 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA United States 22101
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Durfee, J H
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 355 p.
- TRT Terms: Continental shelf; Demand; Drilling machines; Economic analysis; Equipment; Forecasting; Inventory; Leasing; Market surveys; Marketing; Natural gas; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Offshore supply boats; Oil exploration; Oil wells; Petroleum industry; Resource development; Supply; Supply vessels; Technology assessment; Trend (Statistics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Depletion
- Old TRIS Terms: Continental shelves; Energy source development; Market studies; Supply economics; Underwater equipment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175171
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BDM/W77016-TR-Vol-1 Final Rpt., MA-RD-940-78008
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38024
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM