ANALYSIS OF WAVE SPECTRA AT STATION "PAPA"
A sample of 660 wave records collected by the Canadian Weather Ship at Station "Papa" in the north-eastern Pacific (50 degrees N, 145 degrees W), over a period of five years, is presented in spectral form as analyzed by Lockheed. The general characteristics of the wave data are discussed and evaluated in comparison with surface log data as recorded manually. Comparison of wave characteristics with similar data recorded at Station "India", in the north-eastern Atlantic (59 degrees N, 19 degrees W), is shown, along with a comparison of spectra representing several identical groups of wave height at the two locations.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureGlen Cove, NY USA
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
- Hoffman, D
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Electromagnetic spectrum; Graphs; Height; Location; Ocean waves; Power; Power spectra; Spectrum analysis; Tables (Data); Velocity; Wave height; Wave measurement; Waveform analysis; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Building sites
- Geographic Terms: Gulf of Alaska; North Atlantic Ocean; North Pacific Ocean
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphs charts; Periodic variations; Wind velocity
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00175114
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-173
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM