TRANSPORTATION AND URBAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
These discussion materials are prepared as part of a general review of key policy and program considerations underlying transportation and urban economic development. Their purpose is to help EDA in sorting out its role and potential contribution in the urban transportation arena. To this end, a specific objective of this document is to identify policy, program and administrative initiatives for EDA in the urban transportation field, including ways transportation can work to enhance urban economic development. A related objective is to summarize in the process: the present and prospective assistance policies and programs of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration and the Federal Highway Administration; previously federally-funded transportation programs and projects with a bearing on urban economic development; and local transportation planning practice, evolving roles of major participants in the process, and ways economic development entities are involved at area-wide (i.e. metropolitan areas) and sub-area (e.g. central city) levels.
- See also Technical Appendices, PB-275 563.
Gladstone Associates2030 M Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Economic development; Impacts; Metropolitan areas; Planning; Policy; Project management; Public transit; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction; Programs; Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; Government policies; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00175093
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-OER-78-003 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EDA-PF-600
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM