THE TRANSPORTATION OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL BY AIR AND OTHER MODES. DOCKET NO. PR-71, 73 (40 FR 23768). VOLUME 1 FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT
This document includes all public comments received regarding the Draft Environmental Statement on the Transportation of Radioactive Material By Air and Other Modes (NUREG-0034) and the NRC Staff responses to those comments. This document also identifies the major changes made from the Draft Statement to the Final Environmental Statement. Volume 1 includes the following topics: Regulations governing the transportation of radioactive materials; Radiological effects; Transport impacts under normal conditions; Impacts of transportation accidents; Alternatives; Security and safeguards; Standard shipments model; Excerpts from code of federal regulations; Plutonium; Population dose formulas for normal transport; Demographic model; Incidents reported to DOT involving radioactive material from 1971 through 1974; Calculation methodology for accident analysis; Method for derating accident severity categories; Sensitivity analysis.
- See also Volume 2, PB-275 530.
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionOffice of Standards Development
Washington, DC USA 20555
Office of Standards Development.,
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 353 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Aircraft crashes; Crash exposure; Crashes; Dosage; Environmental impact statements; Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Mathematical models; Plutonium; Radioactive materials; Regulations; Safety; Security; Sensitivity; Sensitivity analysis; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00175088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NUREG-0170-VOL-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM