COMFORT CRITERIA FOR PASSENGERS OF RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEMS
BEITRAG ZUR FESTLEGUNG VON KOMFORTKRITERIEN FUER INSASSEN VON SCHNELLBAHNSYSTEMEN
The possibility of determining a common comfort limit for passengers traveling on rapid transit systems was investigated. The impairment of comfort by mechanical vibrations is discussed for low frequencies and the supine, sitting, and standing position. The effects of linear acceleration on comfort are reviewed.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftBerlin, Germany
- VOGT, L
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Comfort; Human factors; Motion perception; Passenger comfort; Passengers; Rapid transit; Ride quality; Tolerance (Physiology); Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Acceleration tolerance; Rapid transit systems; Vibration levels; Vibration perception
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-355-75-08
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM