SELECTION STRATEGY AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTS FOR APTITUDE INVESTIGATION OF APPLICANTS FOR PILOT TRAINING AT THE DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA
SELEKTIONS-STRATEGIE UND PSYCHOLOGISCHE TESTS BEI DER EIGNUNGSUNTERSUCHUNG VON BEWERBERN FUER DIE FLIEGERISCHE AUSBILDUNG BEI DER DLH
Selection of applicants for pilot training at the Deutsche Lufthansa is described. This is carried out in several steps, the most important of which are preselection and interview. The preselection is objective and based on degree of aptitude, which results from weighing of separate test results covering cognitive tests, personality scales, and psychomotor tests. The next phase covers the applicant's personality. The last step is an evaluation of the applicant in the following categories: interactive performance, adaptation, stress resistance, and motivation.
- Language in German.
Deutsche Forschungs-u Versuchsanst f Luft-u RaumftBerlin, Germany
- KIRSCH, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft operations; Airline pilots; Airlines; Aptitude; Aptitude tests; Civil aviation; Cognition; Flight training; Motor skills; Personality; Psychological tests; Psychology; Training
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Lufthansa
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pilot training; Psychomotor performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Airline operations; Pilot selection; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00175030
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DLR-IB-355-76-04
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM