AN OVERVIEW OF AEROSPACE GAS TURBINE TECHNOLOGY OF RELEVANCE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE AUTOMOTIVE GAS TURBINE ENGINE
Technology areas related to gas turbine propulsion systems with potential for application to the automotive gas turbine engine are discussed. Areas included are: system steady-state and transient performance prediction techniques, compressor and turbine design and performance prediction programs and effects of geometry, combustor technology and advanced concepts, and ceramic coatings and materials technology.
- Conf-Presented at Ann. Meeting of the Soc. Of Automotive Engineers, Detroit, Mich., 27 Feb. - 3 Mar. 1978.
Department of the NavyThe Pentagon
Washington, DC United States 20350
- Evans, D G
- Miller, T J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerospace engineering; Aircraft; Ceramic coatings; Ceramic materials; Combustion; Combustion efficiency; Compressors; Design; Engines; Forecasting; Gas turbines; Geometry; Materials; Performance; Propulsion; Technology; Technology transfer; Turbine engines; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aerospace technology; Aircraft engines; Performance prediction; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Combustion physics; Engine design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Education and Training; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00175025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-73849
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM