TRAVEL HABITS AND PATTERNS. VOLUME 2. 1974-JAN 78 (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
This two-volume work is devoted to U.S. travel patterns and habits primarily in urban areas. Presented are discussions on mass transit, modal choices and split, parking, park and ride, and commuting. Disadvantaged, disabled, student, and various age groups are studied along with recreational data. References are made to dial-a-ride, dual mode, car pooling, taxicab, railroad, rapid transit railways, and aircraft. (This updated bibliography contains 179 abstracts, 25 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-77/0033, and NTIS/PS-76/0026. See also Volume 1, 1964-73, NTIS/PS-76/0025.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Bibliographies; Carpools; Commuter service; Commuters; Commuting; Crushers; Drivers; Dual mode transportation systems; Income; Low income groups; Modal split; Mode choice; Paratransit services; Park and ride; Parking; Parking facilities; Passengers; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Students; Taxicabs; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Gyratory crushers; Modal selection
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM