ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR FREEDOM AIRPORT, SOUTHEAST, AMERICA. MODEL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT NUMBER 2
This model covers site selection and development of a new general aviation airport to serve as a reliever for a major air carrier airport in a metropolitan area. The environmental impact statement includes sections on the project itself and its purpose, a summary of the site selection process and related actions, and an assessment of fifteen impact categories. The document also describes alternatives considered in the process and measures to be taken to minimize adverse effects. Office of Management and Budget Circular A-95 coordination results are included, as are the results of Federal agency review of a draft. This hypothetical airport project involves development of a site which requires filling in a portion of a bay and displacement of a mobile home trailer park. Emphasis is placed on marine biology, recreational uses of the bay, and coastal zone considerations. (Author)
- See also Rept. nos. FAA-AP-77-1, AD-A039 274 and FAA-AP-77-1A, AD-A039 465.
Greiner Engineering Sciences, IncorporatedVillage of Cross Keys
Baltimore, MD United States 21210
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 269 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Airport noise; Airport planning; Airports; Coasts; Construction; Development; Ecology; Environment; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impact statements; Environmental impacts; Floods; General aviation; Hazards; Hydrology; Impact; Land areas; Land use; Landing; Location; Marine biology; Mathematical models; Noise; Recreation; Relocation (Facilities); Residential areas; Sociology; Water quality
- Uncontrolled Terms: Coastal regions; Models; Relocation
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport development; Airport location; Landing impact; Reliever airports; Residential section
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Environment; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AAP-78-2-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WA-3703
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM