ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR INDEPENDENCE AIRPORT SOUTHWEST, AMERICA. MODEL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT NUMBER 3
This hypothetical model environmental impact statement describes the proposed development of a new general aviation airport in a rural area. The purpose of the project is included and alternative sites considered are described. The setting is in a rural highly productive farming area and is included in the description. Of the several environmental impact categories included in the assessment, the principal factors considered involved the effects of noise on a nearby historic site, protection of habitat of an endangered species, displacement of two families, and relocation of access to a Boy Scout camp. Coordination of the assessment report with State and local agencies is simulated to add realism. A draft environmental impact statement was actually sent to several Federal agencies for comment, with the results included in the text. (Author)
- See also AD-A049 299.
Greiner Engineering Sciences, IncorporatedVillage of Cross Keys
Baltimore, MD USA 21210
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Airport noise; Airports; Attitudes; Construction; Dislocation (Geology); Environmental impact statements; Feasibility analysis; General aviation; Ground vehicles; Historic sites; Hypothesis testing; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Location; Mathematical models; Noise; Noise control; Population; Relocation (Facilities); Rural areas; Safety; Urban areas; Water quality; Wildlife
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hypothesis; Models; Noise reduction; Relocation
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Data and Information Technology; Environment; History; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AAP-78-2-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WA-3703
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM