PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF A PAIR OF PROPELLERS FOR THE SEA FOX
Two 22 inch Newton Rader type full scale propellers were manufactured and tested for use during full scale trials on the 11 meter "Sea Fox". Open water tests were conducted and cavitating performance characteristics were obtained for these propellers over a range of cavitation numbers corresponding to full scale speeds from 9 to 45 knots. The propeller performance data and a table containing the principal propeller geometry information is presented in this report. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Peck, J G
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Open water tests; Performance; Propellers; Seas; Testing
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Marine propellers; Performance engineering; Propeller geometry; Propeller performance; Sea testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174792
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-806-01 Dept. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM