CIVIL WORKS CONSTRUCTION COST INDEX SYSTEM (CWCCIS)
This report describes a system of cost indices for updating early government estimates of the costs of heavy construction in civil works projects. The system provides national indices specific to 19 major construction types (features). The feature indices are computed from three levels of subindices which provide increasing detail. The first level below the feature consists of indices for five primary categories of work-earthwork (E), concrete (C), steel (S), mechanical (M), and electrical (L)-and a secondary category, buildings (B). The third level breaks each category into labor (L), plant (P), and material (M) resource classes. The lowest level provides indices for the actual resource types used in the construction for each resource class. The user can either use the feature index as provided or modify it by changing the weighting of one or more of the items in the three lower levels. The indices can also be regionalized by substituting region-specific resource type indices at the lowest level.
- Availability: Microfiche copies only.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Poskus, U R
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Building; Building materials; Channels (Waterways); Concrete; Construction; Cost indexes; Costs; Dams; Electric power plants; Flood protection; Foundations; Indexes (Information management); Labor costs; Levees; Locks (Waterways); Railroads; Reservoirs; Roads; Steel; Structural engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-P-85 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM