A SURVEY OF WIND LOADS ON OCEAN FACILITY STRUCTURES
A survey was conducted to compile and annotate the existing wind loads data applicable to ocean facilities structures, including ships, moored systems and offshore structures. After a survey of sources available at the David W. Taylor Naval Ship Research and Development Center (DTNSRDC), a bibliography on wind loads data was prepared. Data item summary sheets are given for representative wind loads data, including typical analytical methods and representative experimental methods. The survey revealed that there is a lack of wind loads data on offshore structures and that a handbook on the wind loads on ocean facilities structures is needed for ocean engineering applications. This handbook could be part of a handbook on environmental forces which could include wind, wave and current loads on ocean structures. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Tsai, N T
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Air water interfaces; Atmospheric circulation; Bibliographies; Buoys; Dynamic loads; Loads; Mooring; Moorings; Oceans; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Offshore structures; Reports; Ships; Surveys; Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Air water interactions; Ocean environments; Platforms; Survey reports; Wind forces on ships; Wind forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174753
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-716-01 Dept Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM