NATIONAL FUNCTIONAL SYSTEM MILEAGE AND TRAVEL SUMMARY FROM THE 1976 NATIONAL HIGHWAY INVENTORY AND PERFORMANCE STUDY
The purpose of the report is to present nationwide functional classification mileage and travel data from the 1976 National Highway Inventory and Performance Study (NHIPS). The tables were compiled from data furnished by the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Mileage and travel data for the functionally classified systems for 1975 and 1980 and projected travel for 1990 are included. In general, tabulations are by state for rural, small urban, and urbanized area types. Certain tables contain data by small urban area population group and by individual urbanized area. Mileage and travel density characteristics are tabulated for 1975, while mileage by jurisdiction and connecting link data are reported only for the 1980 systems.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Comeau, C M
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 232 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Estimates; Forecasting; Highway transportation; Highways; Inventory; Roads; Rural areas; States; Statistics; Travel; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage
- Geographic Terms: Puerto Rico; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00174730
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-78-005 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM