STATE-OF-THE-ART OF TURBOFAN ENGINE NOISE CONTROL
The technology of turbofan engine noise reduction is surveyed. Specific topics discussed include: (1) new fans for low noise; (2) fan and core noise suppression; (3) turbomachinery noise sources; and (4) a new program for improving static noise testing of fans and engines.
- Conf-Presented at Noise-Con 77, Hampton, VA., 17-19 Oct. 1977; Cosponsored by Inst. Of Noise Control Eng.
Department of the NavyThe Pentagon
Washington, DC United States 20350
- Jones, W L
- GROENEWEG, J F
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Fans; Noise; Noise control; State of the art; Technology assessment; Turbofan engines; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine design; Engine noise; Fan noise
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TM-73734
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM