ANALYSIS OF AIR ACCIDENTS INVOLVING AIRPLANES OR HELICOPTERS OF VARIOUS TYPES OF APPLICATION
The results are presented of a statistical analysis of air accidents involving two- and four-engine communications aircraft and general aviation aircraft up to 5.7 tons, with emphasis on agricultural aircraft, based on the whole on accident statistics published by the Civil Aeronautics Board. The occurrence rate of various kinds of accidents, involving fatalities or not, was calculated, the causes of the accidents are classified and some conclusions are drawn from the results regarding possible directions for future safer designs for general aviation aircraft.
- Tran-Transl. Into English of Polish Conf. Paper. Misc-Original Language Document Was Announced as A76-28551. Conf-Presented at Ergonomics in Aviat: 1ST Natl. Sci. Technol. Conf., Warsaw, 17-19 May 1975 p 266-282.
Scientific Translation ServiceSanta Barbara, CA USA
- Kostia, T
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft crashes; Crash data; Crashes; Fatalities; General aviation; General aviation aircraft; Helicopters; Safety; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Design; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174569
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-TT-F-17443
- Contract Numbers: NASW-2791
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM