NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIPS: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
Starting from the hitherto successful operation of the OTTO HAHN the next steps in the development of an economical, commercial nuclear ship in the FRG are discussed. This ship is to be built until 1985, and from then on it is to be taken into service. (Atomindex citation 08:307339)
- Available in microfiche only. 11 figs. Also published in the South African Shipping News and Fishing Industry Review (Jan 1975). Available from ZAED. U.S. Sales Only.
Gesell fuer Kernenerg in Schiffbau & SchiffahrtInstitut fuer Physik.
D2054 Gsthcht-Tsprhd, Germany
- Jager, W
- Schroeder, E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Feasibility analysis; Investments; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Planning; Safety; Safety engineering
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Ns otto hahn; Nuclear reactor safety; Reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00174542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM