WAITING FOR THE ICE TO THAW
The prospects for the economical operation of nuclear ships is discussed. The basis for this is the hitherto successful operation of the 'Otto Hahn'. Planning aims at a 80,000 shp container ship. (Atomindex citation 08:307340)
- Available in microfiche only. 4 figs.; 2 refs. Reprint from Marine Week (Aug 1975) v. 2(35) p. 12-14. Available from ZAED. U.S. Sales Only.
Gesell fuer Kernenerg in Schiffbau & SchiffahrtInstitut fuer Physik.
D2054 Gsthcht-Tsprhd, Germany
- Jager, W
- Schroeder, E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Feasibility analysis; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Planning; Safety; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Ns otto hahn; Nuclear reactor safety; Reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00174541
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM