POLYNOMIAL FAMILIES FOR FLAT-FACED UNDERWATER BODIES AND WALL-SIDED SHIP SECTIONS
Polynomial families that contain a cube-root term are developed to satisfy requirements of infinite slope and zero curvature. Adjustable parameters are used to provide a wide range of curves without inflection points. Applications are to flat-faced underwater bodies and wall-sided ship sections. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Granville, P S
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Approximation (Mathematics); Boundary layer; Curvature; Geometry; Hulls; Polynomials; Ships; Streamlining; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Boundary layer control; Hull geometry
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00174474
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-77-0096 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM