ALTERNATIVE FUTURE SCENARIOS FOR THE NATIONAL AVIATION SYSTEM. VOLUME 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This study updated and expanded the five socioeconomic scenarios prepared for the FAA in the prior study similarly titled. These scenarios were revised to reflect changes in conditions since the original study and to incorporate new material that may better aid the FAA in policy analysis. Scenario sections on economics were greatly augmented to give substantive descriptions of the economic and financial processes, and a new sector on international conditions was added to each scenario. This volume contains an overview of study methods and results. Summaries are given of the five scenario narratives, and the chronology of key scenario events and the levels reached for major scenario variables are presented. (Author)
- See also Volume 2, AD-A046 743.
Futures Group, IncorporatedGlastonbury, CT USA
- Fein, E
- Donahue, C
- Oppenheimer, M
- Goodrich, D
- BECKER, H
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Aeronautics; Air transportation; Demographics; Economics; Finance; Forecasting; Impact studies; International relations; International trade; Natural resources; Planning; Population; Socioeconomic factors; Sociometrics; Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Identifier Terms: National Aviation System
- Uncontrolled Terms: National transportation system
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00174469
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 276-72-05/01 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA6WA-3855
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM