FOURTH NATIONAL CONFERENCE EFFECTS OF ENERGY CONSTRAINTS ON TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS: PROCEEDINGS
The major goal of the conference was to bring experts and interested participants together so that necessary information could be freely exchanged. Topics of discussion included: Energy and Transportation Facts and Figures; Long Range Planning Under Energy Constraints; Technology Assessment of Alternative Fuels; Energy Efficiency of Intercity Passenger and Freight Movement; Energy Efficiency of Intracity Passenger Movement; Federal Role; Electrification of Railroads; Energy Impact of Electric Car in an Urban Environment; Research Needs and Projects in Progress--Federal Viewpoint; Research Needs in Transpor- tation Energy Conservation--Data Needs; Energy Intensity of Various Transportation Modes--An Overview. The conference was composed of a series of lectures, panel discussions and question and answer sessions. It is expected that the conference will help to disseminate energy data and find ways for conserving energy within the transportation sector.
- This conference was held at Union College, Schenectady, New York, August 1-5, 1977 and co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
Union CollegeSchenectady, NY United States 12308
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 544 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Electric vehicles; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Federal government; Freight transportation; Fuels; Intercity transportation; Motor carriers; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Planning; Railroad electrification; Splashing; Technology; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Splash
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00174442
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-770878 Proceeding
- Contract Numbers: EC-77-G-01-60-67
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1981 12:00AM