FY'77 AIR QUALITY ASSESSMENT OF THE NORTHWESTERN INDIANA REGIONAL 1995 TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM PLAN AND FY'78-80 TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
This report documents NIRPC's third annual air quality assessment of the long range 1995 Transportation System Plan and, for the first time, analyzes 83 projects in the short-range FY'78-'80 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). Comments from local (major municipal and county) air pollution control divisions and other members of NIRPC's Air quality Advisory Committee who have found the enclosed emissions data to be useful and consistent with their portions of the Indiana (Illinois in a few cases) State Implementation Plan are included. The following four sections comprise this report: Executive Summary--critical issues, coordination activities, key relationships to maintain air quality certification, and overview of report's emission findings, proposed FY'78 air quality assessment activities; detailed description of air quality data on the total base highway network and in the transportation improvement program and methodologies used to derive all data; commentaries from local (i.e., major municipal and county) air pollution control agencies and other members of NIRPC's Air Quality Advisory Committee regarding the emission data's compatibility, acceptability, usefulness, and consistency with their planning activities; and resolution by NIRPC as the metropolitan planning organization endorsing FY'77 Air Quality Assessment. /Author/
- The preparation of this report was financed in part by DOT, Federal Highway Administration in cooperation with the Indiana State Highway Commission.
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
- Moore, A L
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Assessments; Environmental impacts; Local government; Networks; Pollutants; Regional transportation; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00174425
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM