DEVELOPMENT/DEPLOYMENT INVESTIGATION OF CABINTAXI/CABINLIFT SYSTEMS
This report presents the results of an investigation of the Cabintaxi/Cabinlift automated guideway transit (AGT) systems under development in the Federal Republic of Germany. These systems have not been conceived and designed for a particular transportation need at a specific site, but as a modular set of "building blocks" which can be configured into specific systems to suit a variety of applications. The systems are still evolving; most of the individual componnets have reached a high level of maturity, while the technical development of others has just begun. A Cabintaxi/Cabinlift system has not been deployed for use by the general public except of a simple, single-vehicle shuttle system at a hospital in Ziegenhain, Germany. The present technology is the result of an interactive design process which began in 1969 and has been greatly aided by the use of a large and sophisticated test facility in Hagen, Germany since 1973. /Author/
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Administration and by Federal Ministry of Research and Technology, West Germany.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
SNV Studiengesellschaft Nahverkehr mbHLokstedter Weg 24
D-2000 Hamburg 20, Germany
- Hobbs, V J
- Heckelmann, W
- Patt, N G
- Hill, J H
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 432 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Design; Guideways; Iterative methods; Technology
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00174423
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA06-0067-77-02Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UM-836-R8744
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM