MIXTURE DESIGN METHODS FOR EMULSION TREATED BASES AND SURFACES
Types of tests and criteria for the mixture design of emulsion treated bases and surfaces have been reviewed. A laboratory testing program was conducted to investigate the effort of curing conditions and compaction on the stability and resilient modulus of emulsion stabilized sands. Based on the laboratory study, several sands have been suggested for use as pavement base courses. An interim test method has been suggested for use by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation. /Author/
- This report was sponsored by the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation, and prepared in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Little, D N
- Epps, J A
- Galloway, B M
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Compaction; Concrete curing; Emulsions; Laboratory tests; Mix design; Soil stabilization; Surfaces
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stabilization
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00174414
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWATX78-41-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Res. Study 2-6-74-41
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM