FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT COST ESTIMATING GUIDE
This publication enables the reader to estimate the in-place cost of flexible pavements using local prices and taking into account inflationary and other factors. The Worksheet suggests various combinations of crushed stone base and bituminous, portland cement or other treated layers in ratio of design thickness representing accepted engineering practices; an example estimate, using representative national typical in-place costs, is included. The emphasis is on the economics of various materials that should be evaluated for equivalent design. The contents should be of interest to those charged with the design and construction of long lasting and yet economical pavements for both commercial use such as parking lots and public use such as roads and streets.
National Crushed Stone Association1415 Elliot Place, NW
Washington, DC USA 20007
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous materials; Costs; Crushed rock; Economics; Estimates; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Portland cement; Thickness
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00174407
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM