FORECASTING FREIGHT DEMAND
Freight transport demand is a matter that has received less than its share of attention both in the theoretical literature and in actual practice. The barriers to the development of appropriate freight transport demand forecasting techniques are developed and explained and methods for over-coming these barriers are suggested. The role of data both in the formulation and the use of the model is explained. Finally, a list of criteria for desirable features of a demand model are developed.
- For presentation to the World Conference on Transport Research, Rotterdam.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCenter for Transportation Studies, Room 1121
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Roberts, P O
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Commodities; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Mathematical models; Origin and destination; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174356
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Report/Paper Numbers: CTS-77-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM