HAVE ENERGY, WILL TRAVEL
The problem of availability of alternative aircraft fuels in the future is discussed. The effects of the following alternative strategies are examined: diversion of oil for premium transport use; new generations of low fuel-use aircraft; transference to kerosene synthesized from coal or shale; world-wide introduction of liquid hydrogen for aircraft; and some other possibilities.
- Anglo-American Aeronautical Conference, 15th, London, England, 31 May-2 June 1977.
Royal Aeronautical Society4 Hamilton Place
London S1V 0BQ, England
- ALLEN, J E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft fuels; Fuel conservation; Liquid hydrogen; Synthetic fuels
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy;
- Accession Number: 00174323
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM