ESTIMATION AND QUALITY CONTROL OF WELDED JOINTS BY APPLICATION OF STATISTICAL METHODS
The basic concepts of quality and reliability of welded joints are discussed and the factors that affect the quality are analysed. The functions and current methods of non-destructive testing of welds are described as are methods of calculating and estimating the quality of welded articles using classical indices and coefficients of relative reliability, together with some aspects of mathematical statistics and their application in the quality control of welds. Probability models for calculating permissible defects are discussed, and a complex approach for quality estimation, taking operational, technological, and economic factors into account, is suggested.
- This Report, which is in microfiche form, is a translation of a Russian book.
Department of CommerceOffice of Product Standards
Washington, DC United States 20231
- Volchenko, V N
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Joints (Engineering); Nondestructive tests; Quality control; Reliability; Statistical analysis; Structural analysis; Weld tests; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural reliability; Weld defects; Welded joints
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00174258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: TT 75-59105
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM