NEW YORK STATE RAIL PLAN ANNUAL REPORT
This is the second update of the New York State Rail Plan and provides the status of the Title IV program of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 and future programs under similar provisions of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976. Chapter I reviews the history and status of the Title IV program. Chapter II indicates the status of all light density rail lines operating under Title IV. Chapter III explains the Title VIII Program (4R Act) under which the State operates, effective April 1978. The Appendix has maps describing various categories of rail service.
- As required by Title IV of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973, as amended.
Albany, NY USA 12232
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Branch lines; Financing; Government funding; Governments; Planning; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Traffic density; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Light density lines; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174183
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: New York State Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM