INCREASING USE OF ROLLER BEARINGS IN U.S.A.
Comments are made upon the use of roller bearings in the extended applications to new freight stock, and conversions of vehicles originally fitted with journal bearings. The conversions incorporate a new design of roller bearing which can be used in the existing space for an ordinary plain bearing, in bogie side-frames which have the axleboxes cast as an integral part of them.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- Publication Date: 1947-12-19
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 703-704
- RAILWAY GAZETTE
- Volume: 87
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Freight cars; Journal boxes; Railroad cars; Technology; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037926
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM