RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IN TEXAS. SUMMARY REPORT
This summary report presents the major findings and recommendations in six technical reports that preceded it. The Texas state government assigned the Texas Transportation Institute the responsibility for performing a state rail evaluation; a significant part addressed the possible need for increased intercity and commuter rail passenger service in the state. The first section of this report discusses the intercity study; the second the commuter rail study; and the third section presents the study recommendations.
College Station, TX United States 77843-3135
- Christiansen, D L
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Forecasting; Intercity transportation; Modal split; Passenger service; Passengers; State government; Travel demand
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Intercity services
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174048
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas A&M University, College Station
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM