CONSIDERATIONS INFLUENCING THE FEASIBILITY OF COMMUTER RAIL SERVICE. PASSENGER SERVICE EVALUATION. TECHNICAL REPORT 6
This report addresses the feasibility of commuter rail operations designed to serve workday urban travel demands. This report does not provide a detailed evaluation of the potential for commuter rail service in any specific corridor; rather, it provides an overview of issues and problems that should be realized in evaluating the desirability of a commuter rail operation in any corridor. This report is divided into five sections. The first section describes the travel problems that exist which create an interest in the commuter rail alternative. The second section presents operating considerations that would be associated with a commuter rail system in Texas. Following this, a preliminary estimate of the market for commuter service in illustrative travel corridors is provided. The fourth section identifies the general magnitude of revenue and cost that might be generated by a commuter rail system. Finally, a synopsis of the major findings is presented.
College Station, TX USA 77843-3135
- Christiansen, D L
- Grady, D S
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Cost estimating; Deficits; Estimates; Modal split; Passenger service; Revenues; Ridership; Subsidies
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas A&M University, College Station
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1982 12:00AM