AN EVALUATION OF INTERCITY TRAVEL IN MAJOR TEXAS CORRIDORS. PASSENGER SERVICE EVALUATION. TECHNICAL REPORT 4
This report evaluates the role that rail passenger service might play in serving intercity travel demands in Texas. The report initially justifies rail passenger service as a viable transportation alternative. Corridors warranting evaluation of rail service are then identified. Realistic capacity of highways in these corridors is then established. Methodologies are developed and utilized for projecting highway travel demands. In the fifth section the demand and capacities are compared so that the magnitude of congestion that can develop might be predicted.
College Station, TX United States 77843-3135
- Christiansen, D L
- Stout, R B
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Corridors; Highways; Intercity travel; Modal split; Passengers; Travel demand
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00174045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas A&M University, College Station
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM