MASSACHUSETTS STATE RAIL PLAN
The Massachusetts State Rail Plan, 1975 Edition, was prepared as part of the Commonwealth's efforts to respond to the railroad restructuring process set in motion by the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 (3R Act). At that time, the pressing need facing the Commonwealth was the immediate impact of the abandonment of branchlines excluded from the Final System Plan of the United States Railway Association. Thus, where the 1975 edition concentrated on the development of a proposed branchline assistance program for the continuation of essential freight rail services and the preservation of transportation corridors, this edition explores some of the results of the first steps in the Commonwealth's efforts to carry out its proposed plans.
Boston, MA United States 02116
- Publication Date: 1976-8-1
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Governments; Planning; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Massachusetts
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00173991
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PUB-913187-375-976CR
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM