INLAND WATERWAY TRANSPORTATION EFFICIENCY--FROM THE OWNER'S POINT OF VIEW
The paper presented here shows improvements, revisions and corrections made to the Inland Waterway Trade Route Analysis Program presented previously by the Author. Brief definitions of the internal workings of the program with example input and output are given. The paper then uses this updated computer program to partially evaluate a hypothetical cargo movement, evaluate the results and show how such an analysis could be adapted to a small operation.
- Presented at the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of SNAME, Cincinnati, Ohio, January 20, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Shearer, E L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Computer programs; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Freight traffic; Fuel consumption; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Operating costs; Profitability; Rates; Towing devices; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates; Transportation costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge transportation; Computer programs (Waterway transportation); Inland waterways economics; Inland waterways transportation; Towing operations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173988
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM