SHIPBOARD LNG MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL
The transportation of liquefied natural gas (LNG) requires special systems and instruments generally not found in other liquid product carriers. These systems and devices are necessary if the carrier is to comply with the various safety standards, and also, to remain commercially competitive. A general discussion of the total control system with a more detailed look at the unique instruments used in the cryogenic environments is presented in this paper.
- Presented by the San Diego Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- LeCrone, R C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling; Control consoles; Custody; Freight transportation; Indicating instruments; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquids; Measuring instruments; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic cargo control; Custody transfer; Liquid level indicators; Lng transportation; Tank instrumentation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00173986
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM