SELECTION OF SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE DRILLING VESSELS BASED ON TOPSIDE LIVE LOADING CAPABILITIES
In this paper, the qualitative and operational requirements of topside live loading on a semi-submersible offshore drilling vessel were presented. A study on remoteness of location from the viewpoint of environmental hazards and supply facilities should be made for each location, and the requirements for such studies were briefly outlined. Also, overall general arrangement and structural considerations were identified an this paper relative only to the topside live load requirements. In connection with the identification of topside live loading for operating and survival conditions, the definition of such conditions was proposed.
- Presented at SNAME Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, April 1, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Smith, G R
- Sanzgiri, S M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Motion; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Offshore platforms; Performance; Semisubmersibles; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Drilling platform performance; Offshore platform stability; Platform motions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM