FORCED RESPONSE OF STIFFENED PLATES
Stiffened plates with bridge-type boundary conditions and subjected to a moving constant force, or an unsprung mass, or a sprung mass, are evaluated for their forced response using a finite-element displacement formulation and adopting a step-by-step numerical integration to generate the time-histories of the response quantities. The effects of variation of the essential bridge-vehicle parameters on the response of the system are also comprehensively examined.
- This paper was presented at an ASME Meeting, September 26-30, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Belkune, R W
- Ramesh, C K
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary value problems; Bridge design; Bridges; Deflection; Dynamic loads; Finite element method; Highway bridges; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical methods; Plates (Engineering); Stiffened plates; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Boundary conditions; Dynamic response; Plates; Stiffening
- Old TRIS Terms: Decks; Response
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00173960
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 77-DET-150
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1978 12:00AM