THE TEXAS MODEL FOR INTERSECTION TRAFFIC--USER'S GUIDE
The Center for Highway Research at The University of Texas at Austin in cooperation with the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration has developed a new microscopic traffic simulation package called the TEXAS Model for Intersection Traffic. The TEXAS Model is a computer program that can be used to aid in evaluating the operational effects of various traffic demands, types of traffic control, and/or geometric configuraions at single intersections. This report provides detailed guidance for the user of the TEXAS Model by outlining the input requirements and explaining the output format of the package. Input to the TEXAS Model has been designed to be user-oriented and minimal. The input for two pre-simulation processors which are called GEOPRO, the geometry processor, and DVPRO, the driver-vehicle processor, includes (1) geometric features of the intersection; (2) descriptive traffic data such as volumes, speeds, percent turns, etc.; (3) types of vehicles; and (4) types of drivers. Input to the simulation processor, called SIMPRO, contains (1) control parameters for the simulation process and (2) specifications for the traffic control scheme at the intersection. The appendix deals with an auxiliary headway distribution analysis processor, called DISFIT, which aids the user in selecting an appropriate headway distribution to be used by DVPRO. /Author/
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation and performed in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administraion.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX USA 78712
- Lee, C E
- Grayson, G E
- Copeland, C R
- MILLER, J W
- Rioux, T W
- Savur, V S
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Drivers; Headways; Input output devices; Intersections; Traffic control; Traffic simulation; Traffic speed; Traffic volume; Used vehicle industry
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173938
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWATX78-184-3 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study 3-18-72-184
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM