PREDICTING OVERHAUL COSTS IN PUBLIC SHIPYARDS
Historical cost control data are reviewed in a non-dimensional basis and a method is developed for fixed pricing large, high-risk overhauls in public shipyards. This method is then applied as a control measure to monitor the projection of end cost. Recommendations are given which could improve the Shipyard Management Information System (MIS) and the shipyard's ability to utilize information contained in this system. By using the fundamental concepts presented in this paper as an educational tool, funds administrators can further develop the cost prediction, analysis and control processes.
- Presented at the New England Section SNAME Meeting.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Bryan, J J
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automation; Cost control; Costs; Estimating; Information systems; Maintenance; Management; Management information systems; Planning; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Overhaul planning; Shipyard costs; Shipyard estimating; Shipyard information systems; Shipyard management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00173928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM