STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF PLANING CRAFT--A STATE OF THE ART SURVEY
Many methods of predicting the structural loads to be applied during the design of planning craft are available. The objective of these notes is to present a review of the current state of the art of structural load prediction. It is hoped that this presentation will stimulate discussion among designers in order eventually to arrive at a method of calculation of planing hull structure which can be adopted as an "Industry Standard". Areas covered in ths discussion are: Summary of various currently existing load selection schemes; comparison of the output of these schemes; a suggested composite scheme; and criteria applied during the calculation of an item of structure.
- Presented at the Chesapeake Section of SNAME, March 9, 1978.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Silvia, P A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Dynamic loads; Hulls; Hydroplanes; Loads; State of the art; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00173923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM