OFFSHORE SEA WATER TREATMENT BY SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE INJECTION
The purpose of this paper is three fold: (a) To introduce on site sodium hypochlorite generation equipment. (b) To establish the nature of marine fouling in sea water piping systems. (c) To present a proven, effective, relatively inexpensive means of completely eliminating the fouling problem throughout the life of the system.
- Paper presented March 17, 1978.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Lamb, T J
- Mangum, C G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Antifouling coatings; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Pipelines; Piping systems; Toxic coatings
- Old TRIS Terms: Fouling protection; Piping corrosion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173919
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM