MARYLAND AVIATION SYSTEM PLAN. AN ELEMENT IN THE MARYLAND PRELIMINARY TRANSPORTATION PLAN. TECHNICAL SUPPLEMENT
Pertinent excerpts are presented here of several working papers prepared and published during the course of the study for this comprehensive Plan. The Plan which is based on an evaluation of Maryland's long-range aviation needs and alternative approaches to meeting those needs, will serve as the basis for future expenditures, and as the basis for monitoring aviation growth in Maryland as part of the continuing multimodal planning process. Forecasts and distributions developed in this study will be the basis for the airfield and community impact analysis of the Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Airport Master Plan. The plan emphasized improvements to existing aviation facilities, and the expansion of several airports. Only 4 new airports are planned. BWI is both the major carrier facility serving Maryland and the best airport to serve the overflow from the Washington National Airport. Recommentations are made regarding commuter aviation, heliports, private airports, financing and building near airports. This technical report details the characteristics of the study area, and discusses in detail the aviation demand forecast (air carrier activity, air cargo, general aviation). Issues and alternatives relating to air carriers and general aviation are reviewed. Details of system plan implementation are also discussed.
- This report was partially funded by a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration, DOT.
Baltimore, MD USA 21240
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 550 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Airlines; Airport planning; Commuter airlines; Demand; Economic forecasting; General aviation; Heliports; Implementation; Improvements; Multimodal transportation; Private airports; Regional planning; States; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Baltimore Washington International Airport
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00173876
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maryland Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1978 12:00AM