KANSAS AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN. TECHNICAL REPORT
In an effort to provide a base for forecasting future aviation needs, this report analyzes the existing system, discusses the social and economic characteristics, and outlines the future demand and system requirements, the future aviation system alternatives, and the airport system plan. All aspects of flight services, navigation, landing and aids, and airspace including air traffic control, land use conflicts, regulatory problems etc. are covered. All types of aircraft operations in Kansas are reviewed, and trip purpose and origin-destination analyses are studied. Future requirements related to air travel, cargo and mail, types of passenger service, airspace utilization and navaids are considered. The development of the future Kansas Airport system, the financing of the development and the implementation of the system plan are also covered.
- This report was prepared with a planning grant from Federal Aviation Administration, DOT.
Topeka, KS United States 66612
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air traffic control; Airport planning; Airspace (Aeronautics); Airspace (Law); Demand; Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Land use; Navigation; Origin and destination; Regional planning; Regulations; Socioeconomic factors; States; Trip purpose
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00173870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Kansas Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM