A GUIDE FOR COMPREHENSIVE LAND USE PLANNING AROUND AIRPORTS IN SOUTH CAROLINA
This manual provides guidance to local sponsors (cities, counties, and airport districts) in meeting Federal Aviation Administration requirements to take steps to ensure compatible land use adjacent to existing or planned airports. The growth of aviation, the South Carolina Airport System Plan and emerging problems are briefly reivewed. The origin of land use conflicts, land uses compatible and non compatible with airports, and aircraft noise are discussed. Comprehensive planning, master planning, and integrated planning are considered, and the airport's impact on land use are analyzed. Land acquisition, easments, advance property acquisition, land use zoning, limitations on zoning, airport height limitation zoning, exclusive zoning, subdivision regulations, building codes, community improvements, and needed legislation are also covered.
Smith (Wilbur) and AssociatesP.O. Box 92
Columbia, SC USA 29202
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airports; Building; City planning; Communities; Land use planning; Legislation; Local government; Regulations; Urban development; Zoning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Environment; Law; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: South Carolina Aeronautics Commission
- Report/Paper Numbers: SC-40-0014-1098 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1032-11-G
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM