AIRCRAFT AND THE ENVIRONMENT
An attempt is made to bring together the many ways in which aviation is beneficial to the environment and, may even be considered to enhance it. The influence of the aircraft on the biological-ecological factors of man's environment are outlined, and its influence on the technological factors is reviewed. The aircrafts' efficiency as a people-mover, pollution spotter, and bulk hauler and the spin-off benefits of aviation research are noted. Economic aspects such as aircraft productivity, and how the aircraft interacts with the daily life of people are also discussed. Social-cultural benefits are discussed although such benefits are difficult to measure.
Seattle, WA United States 98108
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Benefits; Ecology; Economic impacts; Environmental impacts; Living things; Social impacts; Technology
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological effects
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Aviation Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM