AIRPORT PLANNING AND DESIGN WORKSHOP PROCEEDINGS
Two papers presented at the Airport Planning and Design Workshop are published here. The paper on the Provision of Ground Facilities for Canadian Airports, shows the 875 licensed airports in Canada, gives the yearly operational and maintennce expenditures in the order of magnitude of 150 million dollars, as well as the capital expenditures for the last 3 years. The divisions of the Air Administrations, and the objectives fulfilled by the various subdivisions are outlined. A technical organization divided into 5 subdivisions is briefly described, and various manuals covering the design, construction, operation and maintenance aspects of all ground facilities are discussed. The purpose and responsibilities of the 5 provincial aviation councils are reviewed in the second paper.
- Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Roads and Transportation Association of Canada, Quebec, 1976.
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1G 4J8
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport operations; Airport planning; Airports; Expenditures; Maintenance; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport management
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM