IOWA STATE AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN UPDATE
This plan is an update of the Iowa State Airport System Plan prepared during 1971 and 1972. The current plan is intended to provide a new look at the aviation needs of the state and to revise and update the State Airport System Plan to reflect recent changes in economic conditions, in the social and environmental concerns of the public, and in the air transportation industry itself. This report discusses the development of a state plan; inventory of existing aeronautical facilities; sources of aviation statistics and forecasts; national, state, and local socio-economic factors affecting aeronautical activity; forecasts of aeronautical activity; airport systems requirements; the state airport system; requirements for navigation aids; implementation and continuous planning; and, third level air carrier feasibility study.
- Prepared for the Iowa Department of Transportation.
Iowa State University, AmesEngineering Experiment Station
Ames, IA United States 50011
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 437 p.
- TRT Terms: Aeronautics; Airlines; Airport planning; Environment; Forecasting; Navigational aids; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; States
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00173865
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 2003 12:00AM