THE FUTURE OF AVIATION. A COMPILATION OF PAPERS PREPARED BY THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON AVIATION AND TRANSPORTATION R&D OF THE COMMITTEE ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, NINETY-FOURTH CONGRESS
A comprehensive examination of the future of aviation was undertaken in an effort to lay the basis for a national civil aviation research and development (R&D) policy and in so doing, to make a useful contribution to national transportation policy. The papers solicited by the subcommittee in this effort are presented here. These papers include commentaries on areas which require future study, the thrust of the national research in civil aviation R&D, recommendations to protect and enhance the U.S. aviation industry, the climatic impact assessment program, and the environmental impact from stratospheric flight. United Airlines view on the future of aviation is given, and views are expressed on supplies and shortages, untapped airspace, and the substitution of communications for transportation in intercity travel. Helicopter R&D, economic issues, increased research in air traffic control, priorities in aeronatuics R&D, are covered as well as support and control of the creation of new technology. Small business innovations in the aerospace industry are discussed, and statements of the experimental aircraft industry, and the helicopter industry are presented.
Government Printing OfficeSuperintendent of Documents
Washington, DC United States 20402-9325
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 547 p.
- TRT Terms: Aeronautics; Air traffic control; Air transportation; Aircraft; Airlines; Airspace (Aeronautics); Airspace (Law); Alternatives analysis; Climate; Compaction; Development; Economic factors; Environmental impacts; Helicopters; Impact studies; Private enterprise; Research; Telecommunications; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00173856
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial EE, Vol 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM