THE FUTURE OF AVIATION. A COMPILATION OF PAPERS (A SUPPLEMENT) PREPARED BY THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON AVIATION AND TRANSPORTATION R&D OF THE COMMITTEE ON SICENCE AND TECHNOLOGY U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, NINETY-FOURTH CONGRESS
Predecessor reports on civil aviation research and development (R&D) are discussed, and the hearings and contributed papers are summarized. Papers are presented on the economic, institutional and policy issues relating to the current and future outlook for aviation, the substitution of telecommunications for air travel, the need for a national transportation policy and R&D financing, policy and other aspects. The government role in R&D (criteria for involvement, support of basic research, the need to reduce barriers, and new forms of government participation), and future needs and opportunities relating to aeronautics, technology, federal spending, specific projects, and trained manpower are discussed. The status of foreign competition and technology transfer are also discussed. The effect of the military on the aviation industry (historical perspective, needs and general trend) is covered.
Government Printing OfficeSuperintendent of Documents
Washington, DC USA 20402-9325
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Aeronautics; Air traffic control; Air transportation; Development; Research; Transportation policy; Wind tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00173854
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial PP, Vol 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 14 1978 12:00AM